Senior Associate Programme
Our Senior Associate programme is for girls and boys aged 14-15 who wish to take class with The Royal Ballet School, alongside their regular ballet classes.
Our Senior Associates are in School Years 10 and 11.
Classes run on Saturdays from September to July in London and Birmingham.
Senior Associate boys are encouraged to attend our London Centre where specialist boys’ classes are held.
- Aged 14.00-15.11 by 31 August 2020 (apply in school years 9 or 10)
- Demonstrable committment to the student of classical ballet
- Girls must be en pointe
- Ability to travel to either London or Birmingham on each Saturday of the academic year that a class is held
- Warm up
- Barre work
- Preparation for pirouettes
- Port de bras
- Pointe work (girls)
The School aims to invite all Associate students to attend one pre-general rehearsal at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden during the year
In addition, we try to invite students to attend a workshop held at the Upper School to enhance their training
- Occasionally, Associates are asked to take part in productions by The Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and visiting companies
- A developed understanding of The Royal Ballet School System of Training
- Enhanced ballet training with the view to a full-time vocational education
- Dance with students of a similar age who share the same passion and drive for a career in dance
- The creation of life long friendships