Senior Associate Programme
Our Senior Associate programme is for girls and boys aged 14-15 who wish to take class with The Royal Ballet School, alongside their regular ballet classes.
Our Senior Associates are in School Years 9 and 10.
Classes run on Saturdays from September to July in London and Birmingham.
Senior Associate boys are encouraged to attend our London Centre where specialist boys’ classes are held.
- Aged 14.00-15.11 by 31 August 2019 (apply in school years 9 or 10)
- Demonstrable committment to the student of classical ballet
- Girls must be en pointe
- Ability to travel to either London or Birmingham on each Saturday of the academic year that a class is held
- Warm up
- Barre work
- Preparation for pirouettes
- Port de bras
- Pointe work (girls)
The School aims to invite all Associate students to attend one pre-general rehearsal at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden during the year
In addition, we try to invite students to attend a workshop held at the Upper School to enhance their training
- Occasionally, Associates are asked to take part in productions by The Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and visiting companies
- A developed understanding of The Royal Ballet School System of Training
- Enhanced ballet training with the view to a full-time vocational education
- Dance with students of a similar age who share the same passion and drive for a career in dance
- The creation of life long friendships