‘I thoroughly enjoyed the Enlighten webinar and learnt so much. It was full of interesting information and ideas and it delivered excellently.’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
‘Informative, informal, inspiring and a brilliant reminder of how to strive towards, and maintain, excellent studio practice. Thank you!’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
Enlighten is The Royal Ballet School’s series of webinars for dance teachers. Our webinars provide invaluable insight and information surrounding all aspects of dance teaching and learning.
Enlighten webinars are a unique opportunity to gain advice and support from our expert staff. They also draw on the School’s heritage and knowledge as a world leader in dance training and education.
These one-hour webinars cover a variety of informative topics ranging from the technical and artistic aspects of dance training and pedagogy through to business modelling and management.
Enlighten webinars are ideal for developing teachers’ CPD portfolio and are an excellent supplement to our Inspire series of seminars.
How are Enlighten webinars delivered?
Our expert tutors deliver each webinar at a variety of times to suit teachers worldwide.
Teachers can choose which webinars they would like to attend, creating their own programme best suited to their needs.
The webinars will be delivered via Zoom and PowerPoint presentations. The tutors will then offer advice and support in relation to the topic discussed during a question and answer session at the end of each webinar.
Our webinars remain capped at 20 participants to ensure integrity and quality of service.
How to book
Booking for the Spring 2022 series of Enlighten webinars is now open.
We are delighted to be offering the following topics in the Spring series:
Mindset Matters: empowering students to achieve
Tuesday 15 February, 9am and 11am and Wednesday 16 February, 2pm (GMT)
We are now beginning to truly understand the power of mindset and how it affects success in all areas of life. As teachers of dance, it is essential we know how to nurture our students’ psychological skills as well as their physical. Understanding how to foster a positive and growth mindset will help you to motivate your students in believing in their ability to achieve. Through innovative teaching your students will be empowered to reach their potential, allowing them to thrive on challenges and effectively manage change. In light of recent world-wide events this Webinar is a must; providing you with tips, tools and strategies that will help enable your students to grow in confidence, skill and purpose.
- To examine how we learn and grow.
- To determine aspects of mindset that are essential for success.
- To reflect on characteristics of teacher behaviour that can influence student mindset.
- To provide a selection of strategies that foster a growth mindset.
Posture: Efficient, effortless alignment with the Franklin®
Tuesday 22 February, 2pm and Wednesday 23 February, 9am and 11am (GMT)
This session will look at different ways of understanding and enhancing good postural alignment by using concepts and techniques used in the Franklin Method. The Franklin Method is a way of understanding and improving movement potential through engaging the body and the mind equally. This webinar will include a short practical element.
- To explore techniques that will enhance postural alignment through proprioceptive and kinaesthetic feedback.
- To increase body awareness, which will contribute to improved balance and stability.
- To explore the use of different types of imagery that can enhance efficient postural patterns
- To develop strategies that will enhance the student’s ability to focus and engage in their own learning process.
Positivity: how to create, develop and sustain a positive studio climate
Thursday 3 March, 2pm and Friday 4 March, 9am and 11am (GMT)
Positivity: you have a choice. Studio climate can indicate the extent of teacher expertise and the potential impact on student learning. This session highlights the impact that positivity can have on student learning, with factors affecting studio climate identified and considered. Varying influential factors surrounding relationships, expectations and beliefs are discussed with strategies provided to help ensure an effective learning climate for all.
- To highlight factors that are necessary for developing an effective learning environment.
- To reflect on characteristics of behaviour that can influence positivity.
- To identify the relationship between teacher expectations and student achievement.
- To provide a selection of strategies in order to foster a positive studio climate.