‘I thoroughly enjoyed the Enlighten webinar and learnt so much. It was full of interesting information and ideas and it delivered excellently.’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
‘Informative, informal, inspiring and a brilliant reminder of how to strive towards, and maintain, excellent studio practice. Thank you!’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
Enlighten is The Royal Ballet School’s series of webinars for dance teachers. Our webinars provide invaluable insight and information surrounding all aspects of dance teaching and learning.
Enlighten webinars are a unique opportunity to gain advice and support from our expert staff. They also draw on the School’s heritage and knowledge as a world leader in dance training and education.
These one-hour webinars cover a variety of informative topics ranging from the technical and artistic aspects of dance training and pedagogy through to business modelling and management.
Enlighten webinars are ideal for developing teachers’ CPD portfolio and are an excellent supplement to our Inspire series of seminars.
How are Enlighten webinars delivered?
Our expert tutors deliver each webinar at a variety of times to suit teachers worldwide.
Teachers can choose which webinars they would like to attend, creating their own programme best suited to their needs.
The webinars will be delivered via Zoom and PowerPoint presentations. The tutors will then offer advice and support in relation to the topic discussed during a question and answer session at the end of each webinar.
Our webinars remain capped at 20 participants to ensure integrity and quality of service.
How to book
Bookings for the Autumn 2021 webinars are now open.
You can sign up to our e-news to be the first to hear about future Enlighten webinars.
We are delighted to be offering the following topics in the Autumn series:
Effective Motor Learning for Dancers: Strategies for Developing Dance Skills
Thursday 14 October, 7pm and Friday 15 October 9am and 2pm GMT +1
As teachers we aim for our dancers not just to acquire a skill but to perform it with an increased level of proficiency, coordination, fluidity and accuracy. This session highlights teaching and learning strategies to increase effectiveness of skill learning within the studio.
- To highlight the essential stages in motor learning:
- To consider the implications for the dance class
- To discuss possible strategies: try and test
NEW – Posture: Efficient, effortless alignment with the Franklin Method®
Tuesday 19 October, 9am and 2pm and Thursday 21 October, 7pm (GMT +1)
This session will look at different ways of understanding and enhancing good postural alignment by using concepts and techniques used in the Franklin Method. The Franklin Method is a way of understanding and improving movement potential through engaging the body and the mind equally. This webinar will include a short practical element.
- To explore techniques that will enhance postural alignment through proprioceptive and kinaesthetic feedback.
- To increase body awareness, which will contribute to improved balance and stability.
- To explore the use of different types of imagery that can enhance efficient postural patterns
- To develop strategies that will enhance the student’s ability to focus and engage in their own learning process.
NEW – Conditioning Exercise: Enhancing Classical Ballet Technique
Tuesday 26 October, 9am and 2pm and Thursday 28 October, 7pm (GMT +1)
How can we integrate body conditioning exercise into classical ballet classes and teaching? What can we do to supplement the training in the studio for more effective learning? This first in a series of two webinars on this topic presents relevant research and ideas to support our teaching and help dancers improve their individual technique and skill within the class.
- To promote awareness of the principles behind dynamic core-based exercise and mobilisation techniques in relation to classical ballet training.
- To provide an overview of effective practises and principles that can be applied directly into the classroom.
- To develop an understanding of the benefits for students of integrating body conditioning principals in ballet lessons.
NEW – Mindset Matters: Part 2
Wednesday 27 October, 9am and 2pm (GMT +1) and Thursday 4 November, 7pm
Following on from Mindset 1 this webinar will continue to develop our understanding of mindset. Of all the skills required for peak performance, mindset is widely regarded as the most crucial – it is the fuel behind the action. Within this webinar we explore how mindset affects student learning and performance. Key concepts, such as feedback and communication will be explored further with practical suggestions to help embed theory. In light of recent world-wide events this webinar is a must; providing you with tips, tools and strategies that will help enable your students to grow in confidence, skill and purpose.
- To revise key concepts of Mindset
- To highlight the role of effort
- To identify effective feedback and communication strategies