Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to any event, audition or course organised by The Royal Ballet School which can be booked through our website.
For full-time training, Associates and The Primary Steps Programme, parents sign a Parent Contract which forms their terms and conditions and these are sent to them annually each summer for the following school year.
- All bookings will be dealt with in order of receipt. Payment will normally be processed within ten working days on receipt of application, unless during busy periods
- Automated email acknowledgement of your booking will be sent on receipt of application. You are advised not to book travel unless you have received written confirmation of a place
- By booking on a course or event, you agree that all details you provide to us are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost
- Bookings are non-transferable to either another course or another participant, with the exception of our Inspire seminars (see point 3d below)
The Royal Ballet School reserves the right to cancel a courses or event up to a month before the date. Full refunds of both tuition and accommodation (where applicable) will be made in these circumstances.
3 Withdrawals and refunds
Participants who withdraw may be eligible to have their fees refunded, subject to the clauses below. Refunds will normally be processed within 14 days.
- Withdrawal notification received before the final closing date will incur a 10% administration charge
- Withdrawal notification received after a final closing date will incur the full fees, unless The School can offer the place to another participant. In this instance a 10% administration fee will be charged
- Once the course has commenced there will be no refunds for withdrawals. Reasons for withdrawals can include injury/illness, homesickness, visa applications, personal or family reasons, inter alia. Please refer to point 4, Insurance
- Participants who have booked onto one of our Inspire teachers’ seminars may change their booking to a different seminar up to two weeks prior to the booked seminar
- If an Inspire seminar participant withdraws, seminar resources will not be issued to that person. Resources are only available to those who attend the events in person
- Application fees are non-refundable
3.2 Notice of withdrawal
Notification of withdrawal must be put in writing (email is acceptable), after which an acknowledgement will be issued. Refunds will be based on the date of receipt of the withdrawal notification email or letter. The Royal Ballet School takes no responsibility for non-receipt of email or postage notifications.
Participants are advised to consider taking out insurance against withdrawal due to injury/illness or requiring medical treatment or hospitalisation; or due to personal or family reasons which might prevent them completing the course. Participants with an existing injury or condition attend at their own risk.
5 Additional charges
Any charges incurred by The Royal Ballet School on the behalf of a participant will be passed on to the participant or the participant’s Parent/Guardian, who will be liable to reimburse the full amount, eg replacing a lost locker key.
6 Waiver – Physical contact
Physical contact may be necessary by members of the teaching faculty. If you would like further information on the School’s policy, please refer to our policy on physical contact.
7 Course and event content
The Royal Ballet School reserves the right to alter the advertised course or event and/or faculty without prior notice. Where possible, alterations will be published on the website.
8 Code of conduct
All participants will receive a Code of Conduct in their confirmation pack and/or will attend an induction at the beginning of the course at which the Code of Conduct will be explained to them. Failure to observe the Code of Conduct may result in participants being asked to leave. The Royal Ballet School reserves the right, at its discretion, to refuse admission to any participants prior to, or during the course. In this instance, no refund will be given.
By signing up to Royal Ballet School events or courses, participants are agreeing they are fit and well enough to take part and take full responsibility for their personal well-being.
Where applicable, participants must be of the minimum age and/or level stated in the relevant course information in order to participate on the chosen course. The Royal Ballet School reserves the right to return applications which do not meet the age or level required.
10 Photography and recordings
Recording or photography, with or without flash is strictly forbidden by all event attendees or visitors to the school.
The Royal Ballet School reserves the right for the School or third parties to carry out general filming, photography and sound recording in or around the buildings. By booking on to a course, programme, or attending an audition, the participant consents to be photographed or sound recorded and to the commercial exploitation of such film or recording without any right to payment. Any participant who objects to being photographed or recorded must indicate this by contacting us by email prior to the event at email@example.com.
The Royal Ballet School has a non-smoking policy. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, and the use of legal highs is not permitted on the premises.
12 Personal property
The Royal Ballet School cannot be held responsible for any personal property. For some courses, lockers are provided.
Participants should not use or move any of the equipment unless authorised to do so. Please refer to section 28 of our Health and Safety policy for more detail.
Only water in plastic bottles may be taken in to the studios.
14 Data protection
The Royal Ballet School is committed to protecting any personal information you share with us. We operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act – your personal details will be treated in strict confidence and will not be passed on to any other organisation or third party.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
The School will ensure that the Information Commissioner is notified of all registrable processing and will conduct a periodic review and update the register entries to ensure that they remain up to date.
It is the aim of the School that all appropriate staff are properly trained, fully informed of their obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and are aware of their personal liabilities.
The information you provide will be held for the purposes of processing, administration marketing and our archives where applicable.
If you have any questions related to privacy, please contact us.
15 Comments and complaints
If you have any comments or complaints, please contact us.