Prize-giving assemblies 2021
In the final weeks of term, students at both Upper School and White Lodge were recognised for their artistic and academic achievements.
On Wednesday 7 July, there were some special prizes and scholarships awarded at White Lodge:
- Ravi Cannonier-Watson was presented with The Frank Freeman Summer Scholarship. This is kindly given by Mr Malcolm Stewart.
- Emile Gooding was presented with The Valerie Adams Award for Exceptional Musicality. Valerie Adams generously left a special gift in her will to the School, which provides this Award in perpetuity.
- Katie Robertson was presented with The April Olrich Award. This is given ‘to the dancer who has that extra special something – that inner magic, that spark that fires the audience – the dancer who uses the eyes to communicate with the audience – the dancer who comes alive on stage’. This is kindly given by Mr Nigel Pegram.
On the same day, students at Upper School were awarded their special prizes and scholarships:
- Frieda Kaden, Meg Newton and Francesco Venturi were presented with The Ballet Association Awards, providing support for the costs of Upper School training. The award is given in recognition of the contribution to dance of Sylvia Tyler and Joan Seaman through their founding and development of the Association.
- Jack Easton was presented The Gailene Stock Award, which is awarded to a 2nd Year student who has demonstrated exceptional progress throughout the year. This is kindly given by Mr David Norman.
See photographs from the day below