We are looking for a Theatre/Events Technician to assist with the implementation and operation of the technical aspects of performances for the School’s in-house end of year performances. Working alongside the School’s Artistic staff and a Stage Manager to deliver lighting, sound, and AV elements.
This position may suit a recent graduate or an individual looking to gain valuable hands-on experience in the technical elements of theatre and events.
- Knowledge of GrandMA3 Lighting Software/Command Wing.
- Knowledge of Basic Sound desk & Microphone operation (Allen & Heath QU16)
- Experience in Programming and Operating Qlab Audio Software
- Experience in lighting for performance/dance.
- Strong communicator, able to work effectively in a team
- Experience in maintaining and operating Cameras
- Experience in Vision Mixing Cameras
- Experience working in a school/Educational Environment
Duration: Fixed Term – Technical & Dress Rehearsals: 13th June – 17th June and Performances/Further Rehearsals: 20th June – 1st July (Weekdays only)
Location: White Lodge, Richmond Park. Please consider the remote location of this role prior to applying.
Rate of pay: £150 per day
Please note that you must complete our application form to apply for this position and CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 20 April 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and further pre-employment checks to comply with boarding school recruitment regulations.
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. At The Royal Ballet School we are committed to creating an environment where every one of our employees feels part of our team and can flourish, regardless of their background.