Advanced Associate Programme
Our Advanced Associate Programme is designed for students aged 16-17 who wish to take a programme of weekend classes with The Royal Ballet School, alongside their regular ballet classes.
Classes run on Saturdays from September to June at The Royal Ballet School in Covent Garden.
- An introduction to The Royal Ballet School System of Training
- Enhanced ballet training with the view to a full-time vocational education
- Dance with students of a similar age who share the same passion and drive for a career in dance
- The creation of life long friendships.
- Body Conditioning
- Barre work
- Centre work
- Pointe work (female training)
The School aims to invite all Associate students to attend one pre-general rehearsal at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden during the year
In addition, we invite students to attend a workshop held at the Upper School to enhance their training
- Occasionally, Associates are asked to take part in productions by The Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and visiting companies.
- Aged 16-17 by 31 August 2024 (apply in school years 11 and 12)
- Demonstrable commitment to the study of classical ballet. Student who select female training must be en pointe
- Ability to travel to The Royal Ballet School in Covent Garden, each Saturday of the academic year that a class is held.
How to apply
Applications for our Mid/Senior/Advanced Associate programmes open in September and close in October. Auditions take place from November to January. All auditions are for courses which start the following September. You can apply for our Full-time training and Mid/Senior/Advanced Associate programmes in the same application.
All applications received by the closing dates will be offered an audition class. Our auditions are held at our centres in Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Eastleigh, Bath, Totnes and London.
Please visit our Auditions page to find out how to apply to the programme.