American Friends of The Royal Ballet School Inc
For our American supporters, we have a tax efficient way of making a donation through our sister charity the American Friends of The Royal Ballet School.
The American Friends of The Royal Ballet School was established in 2009. It has its own Board of Directors appointed to act as Trustees to ensure that funds are managed both in accordance with the donor’s wishes and to the benefit of the School.
It is a 501(C) registered incorporated body, based in Chapel & York’s offices in Wilmington, Delaware which enables American supporters to maximise their gift by making tax-deductible donations to The Royal Ballet School.
American student scholarship fund
Alessandra Ferri, Cory Stearns, Darcey Bussell, Margot Fonteyn, Anthony Dowell, Wayne Sleep, Kenneth MacMillan and Christopher Wheeldon are all are graduates of The Royal Ballet School in London and like many others have been celebrated by American dance audiences.
There has been a steady flow of North American, and more recently South American, dancers who have aspired to train at The Royal Ballet School. They have been drawn by not only its world class teaching and 100% employment rate, but by the opportunity to dance with The Royal Ballet, study choreography and the School’s strong associations with European ballet companies.
During the last fifteen years, twenty eight graduates of The Royal Ballet School, the majority American, have joined American companies and are currently dancing in Boston, San Francisco, Colorado, Chicago, Sarasota, Houston and Washington DC. A number of others are dancing in Canada, Mexico and Uruguay.
The Royal Ballet School Student Scholarship Programme
Like the majority of our dancers, most American students require financial assistance to train at The Royal Ballet School. We wish to secure a group of ‘American Friends’ to support these students. Donations upwards of $10,000 per annum are sought with a commitment, where possible, of three years to support the students throughout their time at the School.
The ‘group’ will enjoy following the development of the American students as they progress through the School and receive:
- Regular reports and personal letters from the students updating you on their progress
- VIP tickets for Royal Ballet School performances and other events when in New York
- Invitation to watch the students in rehearsal during exchanges with American Ballet Theatre
- An open invitation to visit The Royal Ballet School and watch the students in class during trips to London
- Invitations to other Royal Ballet School events throughout the year
- VIP tickets to the Summer Performances at Opera Holland Park and the Royal Opera House
- Complimentary copies of Encore the biannual School e-newsletter
- Grateful acknowledgement on the School’s website and in its Annual Report
Perhaps greatest of all, is the personal reward you will receive witnessing your students fulfilling their true potential and as they graduate to a professional career, the pleasure of knowing that you played an important part in making this possible.
To find out more and for further information on how to donate to the School through our American Friends programme, please contact the Development Department on:
+44 (0) 20 7845 7070